From May 1, 2014 through July 1, 2014, Blue Shield of California is relaxing the participation requirement for groups with five or more enrolled employees to 25%. This is less than Blue Shield’s already low requirement of 65%, and among the lowest in the industry.
Although most businesses often want to purchase two plans – an HMO from one carrier and a PPO from another – relatively smaller businesses typically can’t meet minimum participation requirements. This limited-time promotion lets your clients purchase a PPO plan from Blue Shield alongside another carrier’s HMO.
With the relaxed participation requirement, you can deliver to your clients what they want – flexibility and choice.
- The relaxed participation requirements are available for new medical small business clients with effective dates of May 1, 2014 through July 1, 2014*.
- The promotion applies to off-exchange plans only.
- New groups with fewer than five employees enrolling with Blue Shield do not qualify.
- Groups must meet the definition of a qualified small employer group.
- All normal eligibility and enrollment documents are required.
- Refusals are required for all eligible employees not enrolling in the Blue Shield plan(s).
- Be on the lookout for information about our specialty products promotion coming soon.
*Blue Shield reserves the right to cancel this program at any time.