Important Message About Open Enrollment
- Covered California has extended deadline thru February 6
- Applicants must use Certified Agents (like us) to enroll after January 31st. Enrollment via coveredca.com no longer available.
- San Diego based agency with knowledge of all major networks and carriers in Caliifornia.
HOW TO ENROLL:
Check your pricing and plan availability using the Covered California Shop & Compare Tool
Call us to enroll at (858) 376-7606
Information Regarding Covered California: Record-setting numbers of people trying to sign up for Covered California™ health insurance plans overwhelmed the system on January 31, the final day of open enrollment, prompting the exchange to allow consumers who had trouble enrolling by the deadline to work with a Certified Insurance Agent to finish their application by February 6. Because of the staggering demands on the system, Covered California announced the following policy this afternoon:
- Consumers who were unable to create an online account or start their online application because of technical difficulties can contact a Covered California Certified Insurance Agent to explain that they attempted to get through on January 31 and experienced difficulties. Those consumers will have until 11:59 p.m. February to work with the Certified Insurance Agent to complete their application and choose a plan.
- Consumers who created an online account and completed the first page of the application by 11:59 p.m. January 31, 2016, will be able to complete their application for the open-enrollment period, either by themselves online or with the help of a Certified Insurance Agent. Consumers must complete the application and select a plan by 11:59 p.m. February 6, 2016. Those enrollees will receive coverage effective March 1, 2016.
- Certified Insurance Agents who are having a difficult time helping consumers apply through Covered California’s enrollment website should assist consumers using a paper application. The Certified Insurance Agent can then enter the information into our enrollment website. Completed applications (with plan selections) must be entered by February 6, 2016 (by 11:59 p.m.).
- When entering the paper application, please make sure you select the “Open Enrollment” category when responding to the question, “What is the ‘life event’ causing you to re-apply.” When responding to the“When did this ‘life event’ occur,” you should input 01/31/2016. Consumers may receive a March 1, 2016 effective date with their selected plan.