Covered California SHOP
California business owners have turned to Covered CA and the SHOP programs to offer flexible plan options to their employees while enjoying a potential of up to 50% tax credits of the employer paid premium. Faithfully serving our clients in San Diego, Orange County, and Los Angeles, New City Insurance is well equipped to handle your group health benefits.
Your Local Covered CA SHOP Broker
- HIGHEST LEVEL OF CUSTOMER SERVICE
- CERTIFIED COVERED CA AGENT
- ALL MAJOR HEALTH CARRIERS
- FRIENDLY EXPERT STAFF
- RATE GUARANTEE
Benefits of SHOP: Flexible plan options, small business tax credits, and easy application process.
Steps to Apply for Group Health Coverage with Covered CA
1. CHECK ELIGIBILITY:
- Calculate your tax credit eligibility (Note: Businesses must have 25 employees or less with an average annual income of less than $50,000 to be eligible for tax credits)
- Review Covered CA small business underwriting requirements
2. REVIEW PLAN OPTIONS WITH EXPERIENCED ADVISOR – Call NCI at (858) 523-8257 or complete the information requested in the above Find Your Covered CA SHOP Rates button.
Advantages of Using an Agent
- Highest level of customer service for our business clients, no matter how big or small
- Receive customized quotes immediately (Covered California currently has 3 to 5 business day turnaround times)
- You will find the same prices whether you choose an agent or go direct to the carrier/Covered CA. Health insurance prices are fixed by law! See more advantages of using an insurance broker here.
- Agents are expert advocates on your side to help with all aspects of your health care at no extra cost to you; this help includes presentations for clients’ employees explaining the Covered California options such as Kaiser, Blue Shield of California, Health Net, and Sharp.
- Assistance calculating the amount of tax credits available and maintaining compliance in the everchanging insurance world.
Affordable Care Act Mandated Employer Requirements: Companies with less than 50 employees have no anticipated requirements. 50+ sized groups have tiered requirements beginning in 2015. More information can be found here.
Covered California Small Business Tax Credits
Many small businesses in California have turned to Covered California SHOP for their group health insurance to receive the tax credits offered to employers of small businesses. A business can qualify for tax credits through Covered California’s SHOP if it has less than 25 employees and the average annual salary of the employees is less the $50,000. Tax credits can reach a maximum limit of 50% of the employer paid premium for the year. You can calculate the tax credit your business can qualify for by clicking here. This tax credit has successfully allowed many California businesses that could not previously afford to offer group health insurance to provide strong plans to their employees at a great price. Providing employees with health insurance not only helps attract high quality individuals to work for your business but it also helps with the retention of the employees because the employees are offered additional benefits through your company.
Covered California SHOP offers a large array of plans
Major California carriers have linked up with Covered California’s SHOP, including Blue Shield of California, Health Net, and Kaiser. The plans are offered in four different levels of benefits – Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. With all of the plans that are offered, there is certainly a plan that can fit what you are looking for in health coverage for you and your employees. Here at New City Insurance, we are experts in the Covered California SHOP plans. SHOP plans are not for every business, but it is important to be aware of them and their potential benefits. Since New City Insurance agents are well versed in SHOP, we will be able to help you determine if SHOP is right for you while also showing you plans from the entire California marketplace.